Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pulag Preparation


goin' on a picnik...
It's FEBRUARY!  and it is time for the annual traverse, although this year I am less blessed with time off (thanks to my kabuhayan), it will be a challenge to cram every single adventure in three precious weeks!!!  Which means very minimum downtime for me...although I also promise myself that I will take time to slow down and hang out at the beach at least once.  I'm not posting yet where the traverse will take, although I can hint that it's not as extensive and butt-breaking as 2011's.

 Right now I am most focused on one expedition, as I feel I am most ready to take on Mount Pulag's challenge.  It will be my first time camping out with all the elements so I am prepping with the worst-case scenarios in mind -- rain, howling winds, wet tents, cold weather, mud, ect, but also prepping wisely by thinking of how to pack lightweight. Although the weather boards say Mt Pulag is only 48F at nighttime, I have yet to test my sleeping bag outside.   Right now it's all about research, research, research, reading up on blogs and examining pictures so I can minimize the chance of having other hiker's misfortunes fall upon me.  Few of the things my partner and I discussed were food, water, our tent flying off to the next mountain range, or freezing our ass to death and be mummified in Kabayan.

3 weeks left to prep. I'm excited!