Sunday, December 4, 2011

Igado


My first attempt at making igado, colorless because I did not use carrots and red bell pepper...but as usual, when I cook, I make too much, but it doesn't even last till the next day (meaning it's "eat-able"). Igado is a Philippine Ilocano dish made with pork tenderloin and innards sliced thinly (strip-like), stewed with soy sauce, garbanzos, and bell peppers.

At big occasions in the province, Igado is made together with other dishes, as celebrations call for butchering at least 1 pig.  I do not normally join the people who prepare the food because they are very particular with how the meat is sliced...like you have to slice it really thin, and if not they raise hell.  Most of the meat used in Igado includes the lungs, kidneys, liver, and tenderloin...I know it sounds barbaric but no, not really.  I love the texture of lung in igado, I can tell if it's included just by tastebuds.  

How to cook? just Google it up!  For starters, I recommend Mr. Panlasang Pinoy's recipe.