Monday, November 14, 2011

bears...

i collect ty beanie bears... strictly bears...i dunno anymore how ti started but so far i have 50...bears... there's no value in them... not even sentimentality, but i collect them nonetheless. it must be the colors or the bear's flat affect... to me they look mysterious and nonjudgmental...

some of them my family members give to me as a gift... some i just adopt because they only cost 25 cents at the flea market. one day i would like to give them worth, use them as instruments of fundraising for needy children maybe, or give them to sick children to cheer them up. I know they would bring smile to kids and a sense of happiness, just like how they give me hope and happiness. And it is just because they are bears.

Real life bears arent as huggable, in fact they are scary. I've gone hiking in the mountains and never even think of coming across a bear. But it is highly possible. If they spot you even within 50 ft away they can charge to you and attack, esp if it is a mother protecting her cubs. I've seen bears on tv climb up the trees for food or a nap, that's crazy scary. They always advice to bring bear pepper spray when hiking in bear country, and to lock all food away. bears have a great sense of smell and if you keep food in your car, count on having a wrecked car the next day.